Dos and don’ts to help you save this winter
- Did you know that you can knock 25 to 35% off your heating bill by replacing your furnace with an Energy Star approved high-efficiency heating system? Replacing your furnace and thermostat = appreciable savings! A new furnace can save you up to $600 a year.
- Even the most energy efficient heating system will prove to be completely useless if your house is not properly insulated. Insulation is the most important factor when it comes to comfort. Check the insulation in your attic, the weather-stripping of windows and any other source of draughts.
- Have your system tuned up. To maximize the exchange of air, regularly clean and replace air filters.
- Close the curtains at night and open them during the day! In wintertime, open your curtains during the day so the can warm up your house. As soon as the night falls, close them to cut down on heat loss!
In wintertime, open your curtains during the day so that the sun can warm up your house. As soon as night falls, close them to cut down on heat loss
- Check the air outlets to remove any possible obstruction.
- Have a programmable thermostat installed with automatic lowering of the setpoint during the night and at times when your place is not occupied and can save you up to 10% in heating cost!
- Don’t forget to check with us about being eligible for a provincial or federal subsidy for making an energy efficient replacement.